In the end of 2015, I made the big decision to quit my job after almost 5 years in the…
7 obvious signs you’re ready to quit your job right now
You wish you could quit your job but don’t feel like you’re ready? Well, you’re not alone…
Did you know that only 13% of the worldwide workers love their jobs?
Yep, no kidding!
And for the other 87%?
Well, they’re either checked out (meaning they go to work and do the the strict minimum to not be fired) or hate their job (well, no need to explain, right? ^^).
Back in 2011, when I was just starting my first job [ever]. I was so excited! (seriously)
I landed the job I wanted (any non technical jobs would’ve been perfect actually ahah ^^) and I was about to enjoy a revenue for the first time ever.
Finally my years in Engineering school would pay off. Yohouuuu!!
Can you imagine that?
- Having 7 weeks of holidays
- Earning 35k €. I didn’t have to work as a Maths teacher to earn my pocket money anymore. I had a bigger pocket money that was allowing me to go to holidays and still get paid ^^
- Having an office where I could see the Eiffel Tower
But the years went by and actually I got less and less excited.
I grow tired of doing the same stuffs.
Yes, I was earning more money and yes I still had my 7 weeks of holidays, but I felt like there was something missing in the picture.
Maybe you’re feeling the same and I totally understand you.
Anyway, here are the 7 obvious signs that you’re ready to quit, right now! (yep right now! ^^)
So, here we go. You know you’re ready to quit your job when…
1. Monday is the worst day ever
Why Mondays exist anyway?
2. You constantly wish you’re already on Friday
And you’re disappointed when you realize that you still have 5 more days to go before starting again your weekend.
3. You set multiple alarms and put them in different strategic places in your apartment at different specific time to wake you up
But you know that you’ll wake up with the last alarm anyway.
4. You were once excited to go to work but now it’s such a pain in the ass
But what could you do?
You feel stuck because you have bills, credits, taxes, …
And when you think about all the things you’d have to do if you quit your job it gives you a headache!
5. You’re bragging about your money and your holidays but not your job
And you can’t imagine yourself working like those entrepreneurs working their ass off day and night.
6. You’re on holidays and you wish you could stay there forever
And the first thing you do when you come back to work is to check the next time you could have some days off again (while contemplating again and again the pix you took!)
7. You’re reading my blog post!
Never thought about this one, huh? Ahah ^^
10 unexpected inspirational quotes in animation movies (from The Land Before Time to Kung Fu Panda)